Monday, April 11, 2016

Who Am I To You?

Who Am I To You?

That question keeps coming back to me over and over again. My fiancé and I recently saw the movie God's Not Dead 2 and the entire theme of the movie was that very question. Throughout the course of the movie I kept thinking to myself who is God To Me? The next day, my fiancé and I were at Barnes and Noble and while we were sitting in the cafe area, after buying our books, he asked me Who Is He To You? For the first time in my life I didn't have an answer and I was upset and furious at myself. I knew what my answer should be but I couldn't bring myself to say it which frustrated me even more. For the first time, I started to question if my thoughts were mine or just something I said over and over in Sunday School and Chruch. Do I know that Jesus Loves Me? Yes I Do. Can I sing Jesus Loves Me This I Know and truly mean it? I thought I could but now I'm questioning everything and it hurts. When I was younger after Sunday School, I would run to my dad and tell him, "The Bible Is True!" Thinking back, I realized that I've never truly read the bible cover to cover. This is one reason why this blog felt important for me to write. I want to feel that connection with God again that some how got away from me. I want to Trust him again. I want to truly know him. I want to be able to pray and not feel awkward or like I am bothering him with my requests. I want to truly and fully love him again and most importantly be able to stand and tell someone the answer to Who Am I To You?

No comments:

Post a Comment